Thursday, May 22, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

The visas are supposed to be arriving from Chicago today (or so Dr. Coppola says). The plane leaves Detroit for Tokyo at 1530 Friday. We will arrive in Beijing at 2130 Saturday night if things go as planned. I got a middle seat toward the front of the plane.

I'm sitting in a U. Mich chem computer lab right now watching everyone else create their first blog posts. It's really funny to watch them in action. They are writing essay-length blog posts. I'm probably going to miss Ann Arbor. I enjoyed getting to meet everyone before traveling to China and the activities we did were pretty cool. I'm looking forward to meeting my research group and seeing the sights in Beijing. Research in a foreign university sounds pretty exciting. Once I learn some Chinese, I should be in pretty good shape.

No comments: