Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Things Fall Apart...

No, I'm not refering to the famous African novel by Chinua Achebe; instead I refer to the things that have fallen apart in the last several days. A round-bottom flask exploded onto my hand this morning when trying to attach the tube that facilitates the removal of trace solvent. I broke a 300-mL Erlenmeyer flask this afternoon when it slipped out of my hand (the top was already broken...we use a lot of slightly damaged glassware in the lab). Then the doors on one of the cabinets fell off (but they had been ready to fall off since I got here in June). And the plastic buckle on the waist strap of my knock-off backpack broke, but I think I made a good repair using epoxy...we'll see how that goes. I won't try to break anything else...I promise!

No comments: