Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Americans go...ice skating?

Yeah...we actually went ice skating this evening! This was my first time skating. It's just not cold enough to go ice skating in the winters in Virginia. We went skating in the basement of the world's second largest mall (it makes the Mall of America in Mpls look tiny!). I ended up spending my time hanging out near the rail as I tried to figure out how to skate without falling on my ass (which I was successful in avoiding). I think the key is staying low, keeping your arms out, and pushing forward on the ice (which I can't do all at the same time!). But I'll get better someday. I think we may go again in a couple weeks. The price wasn't too bad (50 RMB/$7.30 US). I thought it was pretty fun but I need to get better before I can really enjoy it.

No comments: