Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Halfway...

It's been 39 days since I left home and 39 more days until I get back there. I feel insulated from all the stuff that's going on back in the U.S. right now and I'm glad not to be there right now. I have spent most of my week in the lab running columns and monitoring reactions. I don't know how much I will actually get to do between now and the time the lab shuts down around July 15 due to the Olympics (The chemical embargo starts next week also?). So I might have some time to travel around. But I fear I may not have enough stuff to put on a poster (but that's not anyone's fault). I'm doing everything that Charlie is asking of me and I enjoy what I do.
In other news, most of the other folks are planning on heading to Qingdao this weekend to go to the beach. I can't go since I can't get back in time Sunday for my group meeting. I played soccer on Sunday and scored a few goals. I earned the nickname "Hat Trick" (thanks to Xu). I'll play again on Friday against another organic group. I'm pretty excited about that.

No comments: