Saturday, June 14, 2008

A word about the labs...

The professors back at Emory & Henry might want to take note of this posting regarding the labs. The labs remind me of the labs in the old Gibson (pre M-S days). They are small (maybe 6' x 12') and its not so easy to find stuff. One hood exists in each lab, and many reactions are occurring at the same time in the hood. The ventilation isn't the best (partly because Beijing is so hot and that there's construction going on outside) but they do their best considering the situation. I wonder what chemicals I am inhaling?
As for safety, I am one of the few that wears safety glasses (ones I brought from home). Not everyone wears closed-toe shoes. They wouldn't pass American safety standards (but we aren't in America, are we?). But the labs are safe if everyone follows the general safety rules.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't die. Be safe.

Spencer said...

I'll try to come back in one piece!