Monday, July 28, 2008

Art district/Old Summer Palace/A "Fowl" Farewell

Zhaleh left us on Sunday to head back to the states...we miss her already! Xu has been visiting his relatives for the last several days.
Zach, Alisa, and I went to the 798 art district near the airport with some folks from Zach's lab. There were all these small galleries that we saw with different kinds of modern art in them. Right after our delicious lunch, Zach and I went to use the W.C. (as Zach would call it). When I stepped up to the urinal, it started to overflow greatly, causing my leg to get just a bit wet and triggering a dash from the loo. (I tell this story because Zach found this so funny and dared me to post this on the blog. So this post is for you, Zach.)

Monday: We had our last group lunch at the Japanese restaurant today. Then we walked around the ruins of the Old Summer Palace. The flowers there are pretty nice and I got a scroll that barely fits in my large suitcase. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to see there. My lab group took me out to Quanjude Peking Duck restaurant for my "farewell" dinner. The duck was absolutely fantastic! Quack, quack!

No comments: