Saturday, July 5, 2008

A day off...

So I have worked about 65 hrs this week (from Sun to Fri). Lets just say I'm a bit exhausted after working all these hours. I'm always doing stuff, which is always a good thing. I'm generally purifying cmpds and even set up some rxns this week (they both failed...more on that later). My colleagues working with other professors work less (as low as 35 hrs). But some work on Saturdays, which I don't, but I also work Sun. evenings. My grad student wants me to come in on Sunday morning and work another regular work day...I think I will sleep in and play soccer instead. I haven't done a damn thing all day today and my knees are thanking me for not abusing them further...

So for the hour counters at home, I have worked about 260-280 hrs in 4 weeks (incl time spent on working on presentations for Sunday evening seminars), or the equivalent of 6.5- 7 American work weeks. I think I will have put in about 420 hrs in 6 weeks when I finish around July 20th. But I've learned a lot. Dr. Coppola said I could set my own schedule...but I don't want to anger anyone in the group. Gotta go...time to work on my presentation for tomorrow!



No comments: