Friday, July 4, 2008

Wal-Mart adventures/getting caught in the rain

So I left lab yesterday at 17:30, the earliest I had left lab in several weeks. I proceeded to catch the bus to try to catch subway Line 10 to head to Walmart (located at Zhichunlu station on line 10/13). Apparently line 10 isn't open yet (supposed to open 6/30, may be open later this month). It started raining as I was walking down Zhichun Lu (also happened the last time I tried to go). I caught a taxi and got there as it started pouring. The selection of clothes is a bit less than those in the states (but still adequate; selections of other things similar to U.S.). I bought a couple pairs of shorts for 80 RMB. The street was flooded when I tried to go home. I botched my first try at getting a taxi as my umbrella wouldn't close. The next one I got was interesting as I showed the driver my address and it took a bit of hand gestures to tell him that's where I wanted to go. But I got home...albeit soaking wet :)



No comments: